A Flash animation or Flash cartoon is an animated film which is created using Adobe Flash animation software and often distributed in the .swf file format.
advantages of flash on comparison with gif
On comparison the animated GIFs, the advantages of Flash are that:
- Flash movies load much faster.
- Flash movies allow interactivity.
- Flash movies can use more than 256 colors.
Flash does not require programming skills and is easy to learn. You need to have Flash Player installed to view the Flash animation. Flash Player is a virtual machine used to run, or parse the Flash files. Flash technology is used for adding animation and interactivity to web pages. Flash is commonly used to create animation, advertisements, to integrate video into web pages, and also to develop rich Internet applications. The Flash files have a .swf file extension. Flash player supports for vector and raster graphics, a scripting language called ActionScript and bi-directional streaming of audio and video.
Embed Flash in HTML
After creating a Flash movie you choose File > Save As from the top menu to save your movie. Save the file as
To embed the Flash movie you just made into an HTML page, you should go back to your Flash program and do the following steps:
Choose File > Open. Open a Flash movie you have created.
Choose File > Export Movie.
Name the file "webhostingsmarts.swf". Choose the location where the file is to be stored (in your Web folder). Click OK.
Open the HTML page where you want to insert your Flash movie. Insert this code:
<object width="550" height="400">
<param name="movie" value="webhostingsmarts.swf">
Type in the address of the HTML file in your browser and look at your first Flash movie.
create letters that glow
It's an easy way just follow these steps.
- Create your letter, than create a symbol and place a copy of your letter into the first frame of your symbol.
- Select your letter and break it apart. Color your letter red or blue. Add 20 more frames in the symbol.
- Insert a key frame at the last frame and change the coloring of your letter.
- Select the first frame and under tweening select=shape.
- Place the symbol you just created behind your letter and scale it to make it a bit bigger